so I repaired my axis with the spareparts and it prints again. In addition I’m using the dryer from Sunlu.
1) What do you guys thing of the first layer? Is it fine like this?
2) Unfortunately I‘m not sure what is wrong. As you can see on the pictures there are some holes on each side. I checked for underextrusion, but twisting and changing the position of the spool wouldn‘t improve the quality. I also tried lowering the Z-Offset, but nothing really helped.
3) As you can see on the flexplate the nozzle is leaving some marks :/. It seems like if the build plate is moving towards the left side (looking from the front) it gains some angle (see attached pictures). Can someone tell me which screw i need to tighten in order to remove that angle? Or is it related to something else?
I am still learning, I never had issues like this myself, so hasn’t been something I have had to figure out. Unfortunately there aren’t many folks still working on getting their Axis tuned, so not sure if anyone else can help with some better, more experienced advice.
First off, is the the PLA that came with the Axis? Was the bag vacuum sealed or was there some air in it? Of the originals red/blue rolls I received, one wasn‘t and it really wasn’t great. If you had two, i would try the other. Might want to buy another roll if you only have the one to try.
Secondly with your bed’s level being off; as long as you ran the mesh bed leveling (G29), you should probably be ok. At least for me I as able to getter results by adding some 10mm (think that is right size, in my tuning post) in the mid points of the heated bed to good effect.
That said, you cube does look like the pressure is building in the nozzle and popping out sometimes on the first layer in certain spots, the “squiggly“ parts on west and south sides of you cube bottom... however it doesn’t appear on the outmost lines... so while it might be leveling, I dunno.
On the walls of the cube, hmmm. Having you printed (or had someone else print) your part cooling fan shroud yet? I could potentially see that being an issue from the bits and pieces of what I know. But again, could be the nozzle getting clogged (PLA quality/dryness above) or something else - were you super careful not to have any of the thermal/pipe tape on the top of the nozzle/heat break that could be blocking/dragging the filament a little?
You mention you feel it isn’t under extrication, have you done the 10cm of filament testing to make sure your extruded steps are right? I believe Michael here posted about it. Essentially you measure off 10mm (or 20mm) on your filament, then extrude 10mm and measure the difference to the 20mm mark; then however much of a % of 10mm is left, you adjust you E steps by that amount.
MakerTech also posted a new config file that changed from the original 95 down to 85 or something. I had to go back to 95, and I think I might need to go 105, ad I have been manually tuning flow up to 110 in the Tube menu for a while now and seems to be a bit better. I need to run that measurement test again.
You could trying going to the Tune menu and adjusting flow up to 110 or 120 and see if you get different (better results).
Like I said, I bet there are other things that other people know to try. But wanted to try and lend a hand. If you want to read through my tuning thread as well, can see everything I have done to get pretty good results so far.