Ok, maybe a little of drama in the title but, after a 50+ hours print and in total something like 3kgs of PLA printed, Z probe is failing.
As you can see in the pics, it works well when Y is in in the back and stops working past half of the travel.
Cable issue maybe? Need to replace the probe?
I would not say suddenly, there was some signs that there is something coming. But, i have (had) the same trouble.
So, the wires for that sensor are very thin.
I just cut them off, close to the sensor, and at that black shrink hose thing. Im happy i saw that, my first though was to cut close to the plug. But there seems to be someting inside the shrink hose.
The new wires are bit thicker.
However, the major part to make it work better is to rearrange the wires. Lets see if it works. otherwise have i soon more wires to fix.
Warranty: what parts are counted under that? The X-timming belt will also not more last long. I have just one piece, long enoung, left from assembling.
Since the probe failed, i have one more deep impact in the printing bed. Which is now bend there. Like a volcano crater. And it feels that the headed bed is bend down a bit. But im not sure, lets see a few more prints.
@Matteo Gennari Happy to send another probe out to you not a problem. Make sure that the cables are fixed to the bracket with a cable tie with some slack to offer relief for the cables. Fixing the cables on too tight with out any slack will cause cables to fray.
Agree. In the meantime I did some tests and the probe works only in I manually bend the cable near the probe. It's unacceptable that a non moving part fails so early, it must be of a really bad quality.
Now I have to remove sleeves, pass cable, etc... a PITA.