Hi. Is anyone still active on this forum? If so, is anyone doing the 3.5 upgrade assembly?Im just starting mine. I was just wondering how it is going for others here?
If anyone is out there that is knowledgeable about the 3.5 kit build, I have some programming questions.
is the 3.5 only using Klipper and Marnsail? I am at the part in Step 9 where I put the firmware.bin file on the SD card. In the next step the link brings up an error message.
Is there any use of Octopi and Marlin or should I just stay with Klipper and Mainsail.
I have not set up any network settings yet on the Raspberry Pi board.
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
Hi. In putty, when Im trying to get the usb id, 2 probems:
when I put the host name into it it says unable to open connection, host does not exist.
But when I type in the ip address it opens up ok. Not sure if this is a problem?
main problem is when Is /I try to do 'ls /dev/serial/by-id/', putty says "ls /dev/serial/by-id/': No such file or directory.
Ive googled it and cannot understand most of the answers. I swapped the usb cable and have done the usual switching on and off!
Any help appreciated, thanks
I have completed the 3.5 Upgrade. YEAH!!
I have completed the 3.5 upgrade to step 9, although I did not put the enclosure panels (Step 7) on yet. I have not finished Step 9 yet, I'm waiting on the First Boot. Here is the Proforge 3.5 at First Boot. I had to move the Touch Screen mounting so that it is right side up. ;^))
Started my 3.5 upgrade 2 days ago. It is going fairly smoothly. I have finished Step 12 of the Z-Axis Upgrade.
I had the problems with the belts falling off the front idlers. I've ordered some larger washers from Amazon.
I also had problems tightening the Z-linear slides (rails). The M3X10 screws are too long and hit the back of the exrusions.
I used M3X8 screws and the rails tightened properly.
Also one of the 4 rails is very sticky see the videos of sticky vs. smooth. I hope I can get a replacement from Aneel.
I'll post again tomorrow.
So is the upgrade worth it?
Finally getting round to building more then the base. Life got in the way this year so the upgrade came along at the right time. As did the pi4 availability.
90% completed :-)
I had to disassemble most of the DSH since in my version all the cables were running through the left side of the DSH unlike on most of the pictures I could find on the web.
Still need to install the enclosure.
The printer is working and the z-tilt is a nice feature.
However, something is still not right with my built (pre-assembled) as I still have a 0.45 mm difference in height of the MIC-6 bed… before the upgrade it was about 1.5mm!
I’m also working on it. Going well so far, but like Peter.. life slows my progress :-).
I got my upgrade and installing it. Going fine so far. But life keeps conspiring too take me away from the project! Haha
Got me a Bambulab X1C, soo…