I laughed so hard - the VERY FIRST step of the assembly and there's this oversight / miscalculation that's so obvious that it should've been addressed during the design stage of this thing.
Alright guys - the rubber feet have hex openings that match the nyloc nuts so that they're held in place as you screw on the feet. Makes sense right? WRONG! The feet are rubber and distort around the nuts as they rotate.
Look, I'm a maker, I'll figure something out but this is a comically bad start.
Well I'm in no man's land right now; I've tightened the screws just enough to where removing them is a pain, and tightening them further is insanely difficult and I was never a nut ninja with pliers. Interesting how the first step has me stymied...hopefully this doesn't go the way of the Axis where it just sits there unused/uncompleted...
EDIT: I just noticed the pliers that came with it have one end on one side with the teeth missing/malformed on one part (looks like it came off the mold/forge incorrectly?) so that explains why it wasn't gripping.
I did struggle to grip the nut tight enough but am glad that the feet are actually attached to the body for the V3. I also have the V2 and the feet always fall off when moving it.
You're welcome Gregory - thanks, glad you like it!
I was also frustrated by what felt like a significant design flaw. I came up with my own solution - feel free to try it yourself:
I just put the nut on the outside of the base haha
years if training as a nut ninja
I tried that but couldn’t hold the nut tightly enough with pliers. It kept slipping. I guess the force must be strong with you 😉
I held the locknut in pointed pliers, took about 5 seconds to figure out.
Solution = force a thin walled socket around the M4 nyloc nut (it'll distort the rubber around it and sort-of fit) then drive the M4 bolt in there with a power driver.
Anyways... looking forward to the rest of the assembly but can't help to laugh at makertech's expense on this one.