I am having a bad time with a really annoying problem:
Finally I am getting a nearly perfect first layer after disabling the part cooling fans and the heatbed (which warped the printbed) and using gluestick on the print surface. The nozzle height seems really good (Z0.785 on my printer) and the surface finish after releasing the print is fantastic.
After the first layer the nozzle starts scrubbing through the already printed areas. It seems to get worse layer per layer. This gives a terrible sound and sometimes even offsets layers! Some prints even work and look really good (besides some "scars") but it's not consistent and the chance of failure is given all the time.
What I tried without success was...
- using the part cooling fans
- use higher temperature (using default 195°C)
- changing the z offset (lines are now separating)
- use identical settings for first and all other layers
- optimizing the extruder steps/mm (@Makertech: absolutely great trick, in my opinion a MUST in the build manual!)
- activating z-hop
Does someone have a solution for that? This would be awesome!